Frenchpark & Districts Childcare Clg has been approved by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA)) for entry into the Community Childcare Subvention Plus scheme (CCSP) 2017-2018.
Under this scheme qualifying parents can avail of a subsidy towards the cost of their childcare if they fall into one of the following bands:
- One Parent Family Payment
- Widow’s or Widower’s Pension
- Farm Assist
- State Pension
- Blind Pension
- Guardian’s Payment
- Illness or Injury Benefit
- Disablement Pension
- Invalidity Pension
- Disability Allowance
- Carer’s Benefit/Allowance
- Back to Work Enterprise/ Education Allowance
- Community Employment/ Rural social scheme
- Domiciliary Care Allowance
- Family Income Supplement
- Secondary school students
- Disablement pension
- Official Tusla Referrals (No Medical card)
- HSE Public Health Nurse Referrals (no medical card)
- Part-time Job Incentive
- Jobseekers benefit/allowance
- Supplementary Welfare/allowance
- Medical Card
- Parents who are in receipt of Social Welfare payments listed under Band A/AJ but have no medical card.
- GP Visit Card (Over 6yrs+ only)
- Parents who no longer qualify for Band A/AJ this year but who were verified as being on Band A/AJ at the end of the previous school year
How to apply for the subsidy
In order to avail of the discounts parents are required to bring in proof of their payment and/or GP or Medical card and to complete a declaration form. This form asks for the parent’s PPS number and which band they belong to. The form and proof of eligibility is then forwarded to the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) who will then verify the information with the Department of Social Protection. The DCYA will then report back to the centre.
Frenchpark & Districts Childcare Clg do not keep any personal information on file. All completed forms are forwarded to DCYA in September each year and are only used for the purposes of CCS eligibility.
|Weekly rate||Band A
(with medical card unless otherwise stated)
(with medical card)
|Band B||Band D|
(5 hrs +))
Rates of Subsidy
If a parent qualifies for the scheme the amount of subvention (subsidy) they receive will depend on the age of the child, the number of hours per day and days per week that they attend the centre. The subsidy will be taken off the full price of child’s fee and the parent will be required to pay the balance.
The subvention rates for the different bands are as follows:
(These rates apply from 21st August 2017)