Children develop a positive sense of who they are and feel connected to the early childhood group/setting, their community and wider society.
Within and across our curriculum we:
- See each child as an individual with rights.
- Understand the child as an individual within the context of a group, a family and the wider community.
- Appreciate each child as a competent learner with experiences that enrich the life of the centre.
- Affirm the child and value her/his culture.
- Support the child to have a sense of belonging through our actions and words.
- Value the child’s contribution to and influence on the life of the centre.
- Plan for and assess learning in ways that are authentic, and are informed by observation.